Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday at the Zoo

The white buffalo...is it real?

This morning we all woke up and we had plans to stay at home all day long and do absolutely nothing. Then about 9:00 my mother in law calls and tells us that a baby buffalo at the zoo was born and it is an albino. This is a big deal this is like a sign for some cultures. I went to college where our mascot was a buffalo. Charles Goodnight ran cattle with the buffalo here, they are a big deal. So we load up and drive to town to go to the zoo. We cannot see the elusive white buffalo baby so we stop a zoo keeper. She looked at me and said what new baby buffalo? There is no baby buffalo, white or brown. We all pile back into the car my husband drives back home and we all got back into our grubby clothes and now we are finally doing absolutely nothing. Some where in the world there is a brand new albino baby buffalo...but it is not here. Where ever he is I hope everyone who sees him feels lucky.

Now I am going out to the garden to pick squash. If you have ever picked squash you know what it means to glove up and go in the thick of things. Have a wonderful weekend I know I will.

3 comments:

Travis Erwin said...

I did manage to spy a white rock off in the distance that for a few brief seconds I thought was the elusive white buffalo.

Jenster said...

But was it a nice ride??

Fresh squash! Yum!

Jenn said...

The ride was good. The squash is good.

Travis and his white rock are a nother situation.