Monday, July 2, 2007

POOL SIDE

My boys and I have a ritual at the pool. We get there we beg borrow and steal a lounger for me we set up camp and then the pool day begins. Ok let me rephrase, we hit the gate the boys are already taking their shoes off they get in the pool, I set up camp. I sit basking in the sun while they play in the pool. The gym we belong has this lovely outdoor pool. I know tons of people so I never am just sitting , talking, gossiping, what ever you want to call it. It is better than my mother in laws hair salon in knowing what is going on around town. Anywho, I lay out and I go sit at the water I get back up I lay out . I usually have to go buy snow cones and what not and lay out more. Now my husband goes with us from time to time and he is hilarious. My husband is 6'5 and about 280, and HAIRY. It doesn't bother him hes not one of those people who wear a shirt in the pool thank goodness, or we probably would not let him go. Today he is meeting us there after he gets off work. The boys have been going to the "deep end " with me and really have improved on swimming. He can play with them and I can read. I am starting a new book today and I am excited. It is called "Stray" and is about werecats. We shall see how things turn out for these cats. Then the busy 4th of July week begins it is always a busy one so I will check back in about Saturday I hope. I gotta get the pre Vegas blog started. Here I come Vegas!!

2 comments:

Terrie Farley Moran said...

I loved the pool days when I was a mother with young kids. Enjoy! Can't wait to hear about Vegas. Terrie

Jenster said...

The pool was always the best! Up until a couple years ago my summer sounded much like yours. We'd run around the house in the morning getting chores done and then spend the day at the pool. I'd either visit with friends or read. It was bliss...

I can't wait to hear about Vegas, either!