Sunday, September 2, 2007

A 90 degree fall

It is fall. Not really but, football and school has started. I think however it is going to be 90 degrees today.

The first week of school went well for the boys and I. The boys are getting back into the groove. I had a slumber party with my friends this past weekend to relax from having to work again. My husband thinks my friends and I are crazy 30-40 year old GIRLS having a slumber party. We do it well. We all still wear cutesy jammies, sleep in sleeping bags, and talk talk and talk. The only thing different is the fact we all get our nails done professionally so we do not do that and there is drinking involved. Every once in a while the slumber party is in Vegas, but that is just shopping and gambling involved.

My baby nephew is a starter now for his high school football team. He is a junior and 16. I cannot believe he is that old. He is on the line. He is the biggest on his team. He is 6'2, 3 ,or 4. (an inch or two shorter than my husband) and is a little over 300lbs. During football season usually about 300. He looked good out there.

The real opener is on Thursday night. The SAINTS play. We are having Queso, Bourbon smokies, blackend Mahi Mahi and some kind of vegi. Oh how I love football season.

The only bad thing about this time of year is that it is still hot but the outdoor pool closed last weekend. Going to the pool is over. No more lounging in the sun eating raspberry snow cones and gossiping with the girls. We just have more slumber partys at the houses with fire pits. Things change from season to season.

Well it is Sunday morning. Mass is over the boys went with their Meme and I am going Birthday shopping for them. Baby Z wants a bike. Boogs has no idea what he wants...oh well I guess I just have to shop. Their birthdays are not until the end of October, but I am going to Vegas with Travis between their Birthdays so I will get their present early. I can shop for myself in Vegas. Octobers are very busy months in the Erwin household. My birthday is on the 2nd, Baby Z is the 22nd, our anniversary is the 25th, and Boogs birthday is on the 31st ( a Halloween baby). In all that we have Carnival in our parish in with we are actively involved. We have to add something to the mix.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your nephew has a great season out there!

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Jenn,

You tell Travis that there is nothing crazy about slumber parties at any age. My girlfriends and I have been having slumber parties for nearly fifty years. The only difference now is that we have given up the sleeping bags and all stay at the Marriott! But we still sing karaoke in someone's bedroom until security comes and shuts us down, sort of like mom used to do back in the '60's.

Some things, guys will never understand.

Terrie

Travis Erwin said...

Terrie - Jennifer and her friends wouldn't last ten minutes at a hotel before security got involved.

I tease her but actually I like when they have slumber parties because one of the husbands always throws together a real nice poker tournaments those nights.

Jenster said...

Your sleepover sounds like FUN!!

I love football season, but only when I can wear a jacket. lol

Your October sounds insane!! Hope you enjoy it.

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Jenn,

I am 2 days late and a dollar (or two) short but I wanted to wish you a happy birthday!!!!

How was the martini bar?? (Travis tells all!)

Terrie

Jenster said...

Jenn!! Where are you???

Sherry said...

I found you through travis, who found me through someone else..but I just love your blog and the title and description had me cracking up..mom of 3 boys here myself...I sooo get it!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.